Need to get prepared for the next cold or flu you are going to get? Make a DIY Cold & Flu Kit. Be prepared. It's best to have everything ready so you can attack it at the first sign and get well soon. And, if you are already sick, read the 11 Best Ways to Fight a Cold to get better faster. ***This is just a list of the medications that I use in my personal home kit as an example. Please contact your doctor for what mediations are safe for you to take as there could be possible interactions between various medical conditions and current medications.***
- Mucus Relief or Cough Expectorant. Active ingredient is guafinessin only. I use the generic store brand, but I do not use the one that contains a cough suppressant.
- Sudafed. The real stuff that you have to sign your life away behind the counter. Yes, that one.
- Zyrtec or Another Allergy Medication. Be careful not to combine with some of the over the counter medications that already include anti-histamines.
- Flonase Nasal Spray.
- Chloroseptic Drops. These help soothe a sore throat.
- Cough Drops.
- Ibuprofen. I unfortunately cannot take this, but my husband can so it found itself inside the kit anyway:) I actually think it works better than Tylenol for the aches and pains.